The first time we went to church after we moved here, I met one of my very good friends. Well technically I re-met her. Travis was speaking in sacrament, talking about his wife's large family from McLean Virginia. I immediately started listening, wondering who his wife was. I went up to her after church, and when I introduced myself, giving my maiden name and she hers, We both went "OHHH." We had totally gone to girls camp together. We didn't go to the same ward or school, but we were girls camp friends. We started hanging out, and I realized I had made a really good girlfriend. I had a rough first year here in Denver, and Jen was totally there for me. Always taking my kids, visiting me in the hospital, taking me to appointments and so on. Our relationship was a little one sided that first year, but Jen never gave up. Now that I am healthy and happy we have a more balanced friendship. I love Jen, she know me so well. I love her boys, and so do my kids. You are a great friend Jen, and I am so grateful to have you in my life. I just wanted to give a little shout during this thankful season, and let you know I appreciate you.
1 comment:
Jenny, THANK YOU! I love you and I am very very grateful for our friendship. I don't think you really know someone until you serve them! I love that our kids enjoy playing together and that they have become buddies. Ok, now I can stop crying :)
Post a Comment