Out of the clear blue in the car the other day.
Katie - I wish I was adopted.
Me - Why is that?
Katie - It is so cool to be adopted. But someone will have a baby in their tummy, and then adopt her to us.
Me - Are you ready to have a little brother or sister?
Katie - Yeah, in your tummy.
Me - I can't have babies in my tummy anymore. Someone else will have them in their tummy, and then we can adopt them.
Katie - Can I have a baby in my tummy?
Me - After you get married you can.
Katie - Yeah, after I get married I can have a baby in my tummy.
Isaac - I can have a baby in my tummy.
Me - No, boys can't have babies in their tummies, only girls.
Katie - Can Daddy have a baby in his tummy?
Me - No, Daddy is a boy. Only girls have babies in their tummies.
Katie - Oh.
Isaac - I am a boy.
Katie - I am a girl, and only girls can have babies Isaac. I can't wait to have a baby.
Isaac- Yeah, and I am a boy.
2 comments:
I LOVE the last line "Yeah, I am a boy". I can' totally hear Isaac saying that and it makes me laugh!
How cute are they?
Post a Comment