my mom is so cool.....




My mom is one of my best friends. She has always been there for me, no matter what. Growing up, there was always a final four bracket on the fridge. My dad wasn't the one who filled it out either. My mom is a big sports fan. I remember as a child, I would try and sit on her lap while she was watching a game. I would always get dumped on the floor when she would jump up. For those of you who know my mother, you know that she gets very fidgety during games. She will pace, jump up and down, and has even been known to leave the room if the game is too close. I just got off the phone with her, and she was telling me that she wasn't going to fill out a bracket next year. It ruins how she can watch the game. She doesn't want to be let down if the team she chooses loses. For the record, she picked the winning team last year. Because of this when Fred's friends at work put a pool together, he called her to use her bracket. On the list of names for the pool with the marines, is momma V. Now, I did not inheret this love of sports, Tiffany did. When we three get together and they are talking sports, it is like a foreign language. I can watch them and enjoy it, but that is as far as it goes. The only sport I know anything about is Golf. And I really only follow Phil Mickelson, and that's because I have a crush.

My mom is also the queen of care packages. Some of my favorite outfits have come in the mail from her. Shoes, clothes, books, some goodies from Albrecht's ( a local clifton store). She is one of the most unselfish people I know. Before my first back surgery, and we were living Lone Tree, she was living in Utah. Not only did she come and take care of me after most of my procedures. She would come if I was have a bad week, and feeling down. She stayed for more than 2 months after my last back surgery. I have done a lot of mean, and thoughtless things to my mom over the years (mostly the younger years) and yet she somehow still loves me. I finally realized just how much when I had Katie.

I love you, Mom. You are a smart, beautiful and generous woman. I am blessed and grateful to be your daughter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,

You have pegged your mother to the nth degree. You know her perfectly. She is an angel and we all love her so much.

I have been blessed to know your mom since 1965. She is more beautiful now than when I first met her. She is beautiful both inside and out.

You are loved by an angel and someone who is non-judgmental and wishes only good things for everyone.

We love you and are so proud of you and Adam. Katie is heading towards being just like your mom because of how you are raising her.

Love, Dad